Husband and I are busy people, but I like to make him breakfast. These take only a few minutes to make and are yummy, veggie-and-protein-filled, and gluten-free. I’ve also included my standard vegan recipe from when I didn’t eat eggs.
Makes 2 Tacos
- 2 Corn Tortillas
- 2 eggs or about a 1/4 block of tofu (firm or extra firm)
- About a 1/4 cup diced or grated cheddar or soy cheese
- About a half handful of Cilantro, Arugala, lettuce, kale, or basil.. any fresh green you like the taste of.
- 2 tbsp minced yellow or white onion
- 3 small button white mushrooms, sliced
- Salsa or Sriracha Rooster Sauce (GF) to taste
Warm the corn tortillas topped with cheese in the toaster oven for 5-10 minutes or microwave 40 seconds.
In microwave safe bowl, beat eggs with about a teaspoon of water. Add in onion and mushrooms. Microwave 30 seconds, stir, and another 45 seconds. Pile into warmed taco shells and top with greens and salsa or Sriracha.
Brown tofu with onions and mushrooms in heated satuee pan lightly coated with cooking oil or spray for about 5 minutes, chopping with spatula and turning often. (If you are pressed for time in the mornings, you can do this in a larger batch a few days prior and reheat in microwave throughout the week). Pile into warmed taco shells and top with greens and salsa or Sriracha.